Alita Brydon is a writer, dating expert and the creator of Bad Dates of Melbourne and Bad Dates of Australia. These social media pages have been called “addictive” and a “national phenomenon” by the media, with a “cult following”. Alita and her dating pages have a social following of over 250,000. Not bad!
Some of Alita’s achievements include:
- Writing multiple stories on dating as a freelance journalist that have made world news.
- Reaching 1.7 million people by week three of the launch of Bad Dates of Melbourne on Facebook.
- Becoming the face of a meme (Shattered by Five Simple Words).
- Featuring on Page 3 in The Herald Sun.
- Seen in TV interviews as a dating expert for A Current Affair and Today Extra.
- Host of big dating events, including 160 person speed dating.
- Trained in TV production and radio announcing.
- Skilled at writing About sections for websites in the third person.
Ali is single, based in Melbourne and is in a committed relationship with chicken nuggets.
Bad Dates of Melbourne (BDOM) is a Facebook Page and Instagram where people share anonymous bad date stories. Creator Alita provides advice alongside the stories, and as a community we have regular discussion on body image, safe sex, respect, self-esteem and chicken nuggets.
Bad Dates of Australia (BDOA) is the sister Facebook and Instagram to Bad Dates of Melbourne, and accepts stories from Australia, and occasionally across the world.